Am I crazy?

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

And... Am I about to ruin my $1000 laptop?

These are the questions I'm asking myself.

The reason?  I'm seriously considering replacing the RAM on my macbook myself.  I googled "why is my macbook running slowly?" and "how do I make my macbook faster?" and it said the same thing Hannah's friend Micheal did: I need to upgrade my RAM.  The Apple store will charge me a million dollars (or $400ish - same thing) to do what the entire internet tells me I can do with a #0 Phillips head screwdriver, $60 worth of RAM I bought online, and a nickel.  (I dunno!  All the tutorials list some sort of coin in their materials list...)

I'm thisclose to doing it.

Quadrupling my RAM (i.e. keeping more tabs open as I browse, running more programs, waiting less time for things to load) will only cost me 60 some odd bucks and a little worry.  Do-able, right?

My I-can-totally-do-this-build-this-make-this-sew-this attitude hasn't ever extended to computers before, but I think this is going to work out.

I think.

These are the videos I watch instead of studying for the final I have in 10 hours/writing the paper I have due in 24 hours/studying for the 2 more finals I have in 2 days/planning the final Journeys in Music program of the semester in 2 days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

genius, obviously. All rights reserved >>>>> © Blog Milk Design