cabin in the woods (part 2)

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I spent the last weekend with some of my favorite people in the world in a pretty little cabin outside of an adorable little town out in the beautiful countryside...  It was perfect.
We drank wine, cooked way too much food, and sat on the porch swing with our coffee, and talked, talked, talked... Heaven.
(go-to yaya snacks: fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil; brie, fruit and crackers... wine and coffee, duh)

Those are pretty much the only pictures I have of the weekend and that's awesome.  We put away phones, computers and TV for the weekend (except for cuddling up to watch the entire BBC miniseries version of Pride and Prejudice - I love you, Colin-Firth-as-Mr-Darcy!) and talked, talked, talked.  We are Olympic-level talkers.  We played a card game fraught with competition and still loved each other when it was over (very important!)  We stayed in our pjs all day and kept the thermostat down low so we could cuddle up with blankets and sweaters.  Texas first world problems.

I shall leave you with the best picture anyone has ever taken.  Do I really need to explain why I took the decorative flag off the wall to wear as a cape on our sojourn down to the property's pond?  I didn't think so.
thanks, Loryn, you're the best instagrammer ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

genius, obviously. All rights reserved >>>>> © Blog Milk Design