things that I think are awesome (the avoiding studying edition)

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Isn't that every edition?

I'm loving this flickr stream from the White House.  It's mostly "behind the scenes" shots of the prez and others.  I love all the shots of Obama giving people birthday cakes (he evidently does it quite often, to White House staff or visiting dignitaries).  However you feel about politics, I don't think you can deny that Barack and Michelle obviously love each other.  This is the photo that got me started down the "thousands of pictures" rabbit hole.

P090412PS-0695
Love the proud look on his face as they watch Michelle give a speech at the DNC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also been obsessed with this Austin version of #whatshouldwecallme called #wheninaustin.  It perfectly describes the way I feel about certain things


I don't know how to show a GIF, so I just screenshotted it.  (Is that a word? Now it is.)  Go to the website; it's way funnier as a GIF.  I especially love "When you're looking for a rental in Hyde Park, Tarrytown, or Travis Heights."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tumblrs are hitting it out of the park this week, because I'm also loving Awesome People Hanging Out Together.  It's exactly what it sounds like: awesome people hanging out together.

Waylon Jennings and Buddy Holly

Aretha Franklin and Annie Lennox (photographed by Lynn Goldsmith)

Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire

Oprah Winfrey and Rainn Wilson

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should maybe-kinda-sorta get back to studying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

genius, obviously. All rights reserved >>>>> © Blog Milk Design