judge a book by its cover (you should totally)

Monday, April 16, 2012

Now that I have a coffee table (pictures coming soon) I thought I should get some coffee table books.  Not really, that was a lie.  (the coffee table book part, not the coffee table... though I haven't figured out a way to get the legs on yet, so, a double lie)  Anyways, I found these books at Urban Outfitters - I'm such a sucker for good cover design and there are some awesome ones in here.  (As well as books written by funny website creators, I like those too.)


I have the e-book version of this on my phone and I've read it a thousand times.  She's one of the funniest people (and writers!) on The Office and this is one of the funniest books I've ever read.  Definitely my number one recommendation on this list/the only one of these books I've actually read.  Her website, The Concerns of Mindy Kaling, is fantastic and I wish she still wrote on it as often as she used to.



This website has people send in drunk texts they get from their friends.  It. Is. Amazing.  It's always been a favorite of mine and I just might have to get this book.

(618): I'm about one sudden movement away from being able to cross "throw up in a fortune 100 company's bathroom" off my bucket list

(508): You called to teach me about fire safety, meowed a whole bunch, said "I hope you are not on fire" and hung up

(910): I just hate that one day I'll have to tell our children how we met, makes me look like a gold digger



Funny website, really funny book title.



Penguin Threads put out a line that (if you know me, you'd know) I'm obsessed with.  Jillian Tamaki embroidered covers for a group of classics and they're beautiful. There's The Secret Garden, Emma, Black Beauty, Little Women, The Wizard of Oz, and The Wind in the Willows.

I want all of them.  All of them!  I wonder if they have prints of the covers that you can buy.  They'd be amazing, framed.


Understand Rap: Explanations of Confusing Rap Lyrics You & Your Grandmother Can Understand

Example: "I got rubber band banks in my pocket." - from "Whatever You Like" by T.I.
- I carry such large amounts of cash around with me that a wallet would quickly wear out as it would be stretched beyond the capacity to hold the currency for which it was designed.  A common alternative to the wallet, the money clip, is pushed beyond its mechanical limit as well.  Therefore, a large rubber band will be employed, as it can expand with increased capacity.

Don't you feel enlightened?



Haha.  Nothing more to say for that - again, great website.




I didn't really look through this cookbook very much, but I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's and I'm so jealous we don't have one.  When I was in Virginia, there was a Trader Joe's a half a mile from my house.  I loved that place so much.  They don't have any in Texas because of the Whole Food's empire, but I heard one might come to Dallas soon!  So jealous...

 BRI!  I just Google mapped it and it's only 1.2 miles from your new house! Lucky...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

genius, obviously. All rights reserved >>>>> © Blog Milk Design