don't freak out mom.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm not having a baby anytime soon.  I do however, love nurseries.  They're bright and fun and full of awesome stuff.  Why can't I have cool baby toys?

Oh yeah, I don't have a baby.  Whatever.

nursery


Chair: I actually lost the link to this one, but Target, West Elm and CB2 all have cute, similar ones right now.  The bright yellow is so cheery, and it looks comfy.  Let's not lie.  I don't have kids, but I've been a nanny and big sister enough to know that comfort beats style when it comes to babies.  (I can't believe I just said that!)

Crib: Echo Crib by Kalon.  I love combining wood and white in a baby's crib, because it gives you flexibility to use different finishes in the rest of the room - especially if you're me and it's inevitable you'll be redecorating between babies.

Bedding: Covington Amagansett in Fuschia from Fabric.com.  Is that even a real word?  Dunno, but I like the fabric.  (I mean, these aren't sheets, but it couldn't be that hard to turn it into sheets, right?)  The flowers are pretty girly (though boys can have flowers too!) so if you wanted to go more stereotypically masculine, some colorful, vintage inspired train or firetruck sheets would be cute - like these from Pottery Barn Kids

Curtains: Zigzag Curtains from Urban Outfitters.  They have cute curtains in herringbone or triangles that give the same graphic punch if you're totally over chevron.  I'm not.  Don't judge me, bro.

Dresser: Instead of buying some designer piece, I'd find a good, sturdy garage sale/thrift store/hand-me-down piece with good lines and paint it a gorgeous, deep, rich blue.  Electric by C2 or Patriot Blue by Benjamin Moore would be good.  Put some vintage brass knobs on it; you're in business.

Rug: Big Band Rug in Pink by Land of Nod.  I love the proportions of the stripes and it's not too expensive for a rug - comes in green, blue and grey as well.

Lamp: Ebay has a bunch of these, and they come in colored glass as well.  Perfect for a nursery.

Prints: I is for Ice Cream, Alphabet, Bright Tribal Print - all from Etsy.com and Balloons over Paris from Urban Outfitters.  Art is super cheap, especially on Etsy.  You can find new artists and amazing deals.  UO?  A little skeezier of a company, but still has killer stuff.

Bear: Faux Taxidermy Bear Head in Chartreuse.  This Etsy shop, Mahzer & Vee, has the most amazing sculptures.  They've got Chopin bust in bright aqua, a zebra head in metallic gold, an elephant head in bright orange...  I love it!

Mobile: Flying Pig Baby Mobile from Etsy.  So sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

genius, obviously. All rights reserved >>>>> © Blog Milk Design